Over the last week, I have had more than a few people email me their usernames and passwords to different accounts. So I wanted to address a few things about passwords.
- Never, EVER, share password, especially over the internet or through your email.
- Make sure your password is strong. Many passwords I have seen (from people who have shared them with me - ACK! Don't do that - see number 1), have not been strong passwords.
- Don't use the same password for all of your accounts. Change them up, each account should have it's own unique password.
- Keep your passwords safe, using something like Last Pass or mSecure.
- You only need to remember your one password to get into the app, and it will keep track of all of the rest of your passwords for you.
- Both are added apps or internet browser extensions that keep track of all of your passwords, and even generate strong passwords for you.
Google has a quick, 2 minute security checkup that you can do to check your internet security. And, they are adding 2GB of data to your Google account if you do this checkup by February 17. We have unlimited storage in our GAFE (@seq) Google accounts, but 2 GB would sure be a great addition to your personal Gmail account!